Me - Pronunciation: \ˈmē\
Function: pronoun
Someone who talks a lot but is hardly ever talked to...

The Selfish Blog
This is an attempt to save myself - all by myself.
I talk a lot.
I love to talk.

I often say things out loud - the things that I am thinking - some people gasp and then some people laugh.

They gasp because they cannot believe I forgot to filter that thought.

They laugh because they think I am joking - or they laugh because it makes them uncomfortable - sometimes I think they laugh because they are thinking it too - but couldn't say it - or would never say it...

All these things that I will say because I just have to say it.

The Selfish Blog
It is only one step above talking to myself.
But it is - at the very least - one step above.
You can gasp or you can laugh.

Monday, April 26, 2010

You're Not The Boss Of Me ...

I have an issue.

Okay, I have many issues – most of which will eventually become evident thru my blogging - but one in particular - I do not like to be bossed. I will avoid being bossed at pretty much all cost.

I believe this is a genetic trait because - I am pretty certain that no blood related female in my family has been bossed in any recent century.

Let me begin by clarifying – in case my boss ever stumbles onto this blog - that I am not referring to a boss/employee relationship. I respect the laws of seniority and one-up-man-ship that come with education, degrees and initials that sub sequentially get placed after your name.
So, Doctor _______… please, boss me at will.

I am also not referring to law enforcement personnel, judges, bailiffs, or laws and rules in general. If the bailiff tells me not to wear my hat or sunglasses while I am in the traffic court room - I will obey!

BUT:
• If you do not live in my house – do not tell me how to manage my time so that I can have enough hours to work out at the gym and have a body like yours.

• If you don’t have children in middle school, please don’t tell me how to get my child to “want to” do his homework and make good grades. Elementary school children are not the same as middle school teenagers - no matter what you think.

• If you haven’t been to dental school, don’t tell me that your child does not need another silver crown in his mouth.

• Just because your over 19 year old children aren’t inherently good – don’t try and convince me that mine aren’t.

• If I am late to work every single day for two weeks, (and you are not my boss), trust that I am well aware of my lateness and I hate it as much as you do.

• If I have strep throat on Monday, and my son gets strep throat on Wednesday, please don’t tell me when I am at your office again on Sunday - that my daughter’s sore throat and fever is just allergies and post nasal drip.

• If I say the tanning bed helps my attitude with life – don’t lecture me about the harmful effects of UV rays on my skin.

• If you’re drinking a Jim Beam and Coke – don’t tell me I should eat organic peanut butter. (In fact – no matter what you’re eating or drinking – never tell me to eat organic peanut butter).

5 comments:

Dottie said...

Amen!

Kimber said...

I have one very annoying boss...but with the medication I have learned to obey and follow directions while screaming profanities and really mean thoughts in my head...all the whie thinking, Damn if I say anything i may have to go back to work....Note the thoughts are very mean and involve nightime trips on a boat!!

Just Saying To Me said...

Night time trips on the boat don't seem so bad ...

OH! - unless you mean less people will be getting OFF the boat than first got ON the boat?

AHH! I see...took me a minute.

Is that lake spot willed to you??? Just saying.

Kari McAllister said...

I COMPLETELY agree! I have no problem with the 'boss' telling me what I should/need to do, after all he/she IS the boss. The only people allowed to boss me are the people with the ability the fire me and my mom. Everyone one else should mind their own buisness!

Kari McAllister said...

I COMPLETELY agree! I have no problem with the 'boss' telling me what I should/need to do, after all he/she IS the boss. The only people allowed to boss me are the people with the ability the fire me and my mom. Everyone one else should mind their own buisness!